The Pierce County & Tacoma Housing Help will provide emergency rent and utility assistance to renters throughout the Pierce County who have experienced a reduction in household income or an increase in expenses or other financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes residents of all cities within Pierce County. Submission of a rental assistance application is not a guarantee of payment.
Eligible applicants can receive assistance to pay past due rent and utilities from March 13, 2020. Assistance is based on need, eligibility, and available funding. The total assistance amount available will depend on household need.
- Be impacted by COVID-19 including
- Have experienced a job loss or reduction in household income, or,
- Increased expenses due to Covid-19, or,
- Experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Live in Pierce County (including the City of Tacoma) and have a lease or rental agreement
- Rent a home/apartment with a lease/rental agreement
- Have an informal rental agreement with family/friend
- Be a long-term stayers at hotel/motel and have documentation to show payments have been made.
- Be able to demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability (past due rent and utility demonstrates this risk).
- Have current household income at or below the amounts shown below:
Rental Payments will be issued directly to the landlord.
Utility payments will be issued directly to the utility company.
If you submitted an application, you may log in to the online application portal to check the status of your application. Please log in with your email address and password. For the best user experience, please use the Chrome or Safari web browsers. For questions about this program, please email [email protected].